Student Chapter Registration
Students and faculty will have their own registration desk near Orientation. Schools arriving on Saturday may visit the Sports Desk (1:00 PM – 6:00 PM) for onsite Fun Run/Walk and Tennis/Pickleball registration.
Student Chapter Orientation
Sponsored by Viega
Students and faculty will review program highlights, logistics and expectations. The Marco Polo matching game will return for a second year (with prizes)—don’t be late! This peer-to-peer networking game is somewhat chaotic, but that’s all part of the fun!
Student Chapter Networking Reception
Sponsored by Viega
Student chapter members and advisors are encouraged to stick around following orientation to continue building their peer-to-peer relationships. Anyone involved with a student chapter or who wants to be involved is welcome to attend. This includes:
- Alumni – participated in a student chapter
- Industry Advisors – local association executives
- Student Chapter Ambassadors – contractors who mentor student chapters
- Student Chapter Competition Advisors – contractors specifically tasked with being a competition resource for a chapter
‘Hire Me’ Job Fair at the Manufacturer/Supplier Council Annual Exhibit
Sponsored by Viega
Students looking for internships, co-ops or full-time positions will be wearing “Hire Me” pins throughout MCAA24. Three tables will be set up outside the M/SC Exhibit with students eager to learn about employment opportunities at your company. The tables will be geographically split by west, central and east. Make your way over to the area that best represents your company and find your next great hire!
Student Chapter Competition
Witness our industry’s emerging leaders as they compete in the Annual MCAA Student Chapter Competition. Four teams will compete for a total prize package of $26,500, with the first-place team going home with $10,000! These accomplished students secured their Final Four spot by submitting a written proposal that rose to the top of 25+ chapter submissions for a real-world project bid (contributed by MMC Contractors of Kansas City, MO).
Students will display their impressive presentation skills and insightful knowledge of mechanical systems as they take the stage for Round 2 of the competition. Following their 10-minute formal presentation, each team will be put on the spot for a live round of Q&A from the judges.
Don’t miss your opportunity to vote for the MVP – Most Valuable Presenter.
Bridging the Workforce Gap Panel
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was a simple solution to the current workforce supply issue that could also ensure the next generation has the skills, leadership experience and training your company is looking to translate onto future projects? If you haven’t ever considered an intern, you’re creating roadblocks when you could be revving your company’s engines across the bridge to success.
Panel discussions include:
- Redlight/Greenlight: When to search for/hire an intern? Whatever you do, don’t be stuck ‘ghosting’ them on yellow!
- Tune Up: What does Gen Z really want? Are you offering the right perks and speaking their language in your offers?
- Utilize GPS: Grow your company by Promoting the industry to Students… fellow MCAA Members aren’t the enemy, help make connections.
- Know When to Consult a Map: Utilize available resources such as the new MCAA Internship Guide and don’t be scared to pull out the Hot Sauce Guide as your compass.
Student Chapter President’s Lunch and Meeting
Two leadership representatives from each chapter are encouraged to attend and share ideas to assist MCAA’s Career Development Committee in planning relevant educational seminars at Convention and the GreatFutures Forum, as well as give feedback on areas of needed support to elevate both your local and national student chapter experience.